18 Março 2021
Cradle to Cradle Certified v4 is here
The new version of the standard is published
We share here the announcement published today at the C2CPII website. More information soon.
The Cradle to Cradle Certified® Product Standard Version 4.0 is the most ambitious and actionable standard yet for designing and making products today that enable a healthy, equitable and sustainable future.
Cradle to Cradle Certified Version 4.0 offers businesses of all sizes a comprehensive single-standard solution for advancing from commitment to action by addressing interconnected sustainability topics, and developing safe and circular products. The standard enables brands, manufacturers, retailers and product designers to:
- Prioritize action across five sustainability focus areas: Material Health, Product Circularity, Clean Air & Climate Protection, Water & Soil Stewardship, and Social Fairness
- Enact roadmaps for change, from product innovation to operations.
- Transform business models, systems and collaboration throughout the value chain.
- Verify sustainability performance and measure progress.
- Lead industry transformation towards a safe, circular and equitable future.
What’s New in Version 4.0
Cradle to Cradle Certified Version 4.0 features new and enhanced requirements in all performance categories, including:
- New frameworks for Product Circularity and Social Fairness that define global best practices.
- More rigorous requirements in Clean Air & Climate Protection that promote urgent action to address climate change.
- Expanded requirements in Water & Soil Stewardship to ensure clean water and healthy soils are available to people and all other organisms.
- Improved alignment of Material Health requirements with leading chemical regulations and other standards, including a new Restricted Substances List.
Cradle to Cradle Certified Version 4.0 Standard and Supporting Documents
The final Version 4.0 documents are now available on the Cradle to Cradle Certified Resources page
Version 4.0 Standard Reference Documents
- Cradle to Cradle Certified Restricted Substances List (RSL)
- Cradle to Cradle Certified Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) Emissions
- Cradle to Cradle Certified Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) Content
- Cradle to Cradle Certified Required Percentages of Cycled and Renewable Content by Product and Material Type
- Cradle to Cradle Certified Circularity Data Report & Cycling Instructions
- Cradle to Cradle Certified Water & Soil Stewardship Key Materials
Updated for Version 4.0
User Guidance for Cradle to Cradle Certified Version 4.0 is coming soon.
A summary of changes and a comparison of requirements between the current (Version 3.1) and new (Version 4.0) standards are available here.